Ah, Valentine's Day! The one day that couples look forward to so they can exchange lovey-dovey cards with one another as well as boxes of chocolates. And, this is the one day that singles do not like at all for obvious reasons. However, who says you have to be in a relationship to enjoy this special holiday? Because Valentine's Day can be quite fun for kids too! And this can also be quite fun for the family! That is right! You can celebrate Valentine's Day with your family because you and your kids will have so much fun.
Here are 5 fun Valentine's Day ideas that you will absolutely love:
1. Create Love Lists - This activity is an amazing one because kids can learn about the importance of gratitude. What you can do is have your kids write lists of the people who they love, as well as anything in general. For instance, if your child says he or she loves his or her cozy bed, then that should be added to the love list. Again, this way, kids can also learn about counting their blessings when they add the things that they love to the list. Because what can be done is after Valentine's Day is over, have them put the list away and then when it is Thanksgiving, tell them to take it out and then they can look it over and realize that they have so much to be grateful for!
2. Make Heart Cookies And Desserts - Of course, baking for Valentine's Day is going to make it on this list because that is one activity that families love to do. All you need to do is go to a dollar store to get heart-shaped cookie cutters and go to the grocery store to pick up some pink frosting, and red, white, and pink sprinkles, and other relevant candies! Then start having fun in the kitchen. You will love these Valentine's Day cookie and dessert recipes as well! Have fun with this.
3. Enjoy Movie Night With Popcorn That Is Pink - Pink is associated with Valentine's Day, so why not get some pink popcorn and enjoy watching a Disney movie with the kids while munching! You can add a few pieces of fair trade chocolate as well but keep that to a minimum. Otherwise, the kids will not go to bed that night due to being sugared up!
4. Get Creative And Play Some Valentine's Games - Kids love games, and it is always fun to play enjoyable ones with the whole family. Here are some game ideas that you can use for your family such as Valentine's Day bingo, the heart bean bag toss, and Valentine's Minute To Win from Makoodle.
5. Valentine's Day Themed Arts And Crafts - Right next to baking fun desserts, kids love arts and crafts and you can have fun with it as well! That means you and your kids can create Valentine's Day cards by using pink construction paper, glitter, and confetti, get plenty of red and pink markers, and heart-shaped beads. Some craft ideas you can find online as well such as having the opportunity to make your own heart crayons which are offered by MollyMoo Crafts. If your kids are going to preschool, then they will love the Toilet Roll Heart Stamps that are offered by Craftulate.
With these fun 5 Valentine's Day family ideas, there is no shortage on amazing activities that will be enjoyable for the whole family.
So, what plans do you have for Valentine's Day with your family?
Wife & Mama with a passion for peaceful parenting, natural living, homeschooling... and my daily café au lait.